Dr. Deborah Simpkin King, Artistic Director
Non-Union, New York & New Jersey
Auditions will be held TUES. SEPTEMBER 5, 2023
Visit EmberArts.org/Auditions to request an audition
– particularly seeking basses and baritones for 3 remaining openings
- Ember is a semi-pro chamber ensemble of 25-30 singers from NJ and NYC.
- Core belief: music has a unique power to affect the human heart and soul.
- Innovative programming on topics of social pertinence.
- Performance of, and interaction with living composers.
- Rehearsals on Tuesday evenings, 2-1/2 blocks from Penn Station.
Human Authenticity in an A.I. World
November 17 & 19: “On Humanity, Amidst Machines”
Featuring Andrea Clearfield’s cantata, Beyond the Binary
January 20 & 21: Guest appearance with the New Jersey Symphony
Premiere of Rob Kapilow’s We Came to America
May 17 & 19: “On the Heart of Being, Amidst Machines”
Premieres by Composer in Residence Rob Paterson, along with those by the two winners of the Ember Ablaze Composer Lab
Ember membership is a mixture of singers who are active professionals and receive a stipend for their work; active professionals who donate their time and talent; and deeply experienced avocational singers.