The American Prize winners in the Composers category were announced last week, and we’re delighted to share that ACDA members feature.
Ellen Gilson Voth is the 2022 prize winner in Composition – shorter choral works for her work Across the empty square. She was also the 2022 winner of ACDA’s Pearl Prize, for her work Standing Tall.
Following are the ACDA members who placed in choral composers categories:
- Joshua Fishbein placed second (a tie) in the larger choral works division for Out of the Ashes of Holocaust.
- John Muehleisen placed second (a tie) in the larger choral works division for Consolation: Requiem for Parkland.
- Denice Rippentrop placed third (a tie) in the shorter choral works division for Royal Scars.
- Michael Bussewitz-Quarm received an honorable mention in the shorter choral works division for Windshear.
- Katie Kring received an honorable mention in the larger choral works division for Forgotten Voices.
The American Prize National Nonprofit Competitions in the Performing Arts is designed to recognize and reward the best performing artists, directors, ensembles, and composers in the United States at professional, college/university, community, and high school levels, based on submitted recordings. ACDA congratulates our members – and other musicians – awarded this honor.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.