2017 International Conductors Exchange Program
ICEP of the AMERICAS
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
ACDA is pleased to announce the 2017 International Conductors Exchange Program (ICEP) with countries representing North, Central and South America. The 2017 ICEP of the AMERICAS is the most robust international exchange program offered by ACDA since its inception almost 60 years ago. In 2017, ACDA will partner with Argentina, Bahamas, Brazil, Canada, Costa Rica, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Each partner country will select a pre-determined number of participants to travel to the US and in turn, each partner country will then host the same number of US participants in their country. Applicants are asked to indicate their top three preferences below. ICEP is providing opportunities for the next generation of choral leaders to represent the United States as ambassadors to the world in the exchange of music, ideas, and cultures. In 2017, ACDA will host visiting international conductors representing all of the Americas. These Visiting International Conductors (VICs) will travel to the United States as choral music ambassadors to engage in official residencies with institutions and ACDA chapters throughout the country. These US residencies will include attendance at the 2017 ACDA national conference in Minneapolis, MN. In turn, our partner countries will host U.S. conductors to be official guests of their respective countries in 2017.
ICEP Application Deadline: July 1, 2016.
To apply online, follow this Link.
- To create connections between potential leaders of the U.S. choral community with counterparts across the globe.
- To forge stronger relationships between ACDA and choral associations around the world
- To raise the visibility and leadership role of the American Choral Directors Association in the global choral community.
Selection Criteria – Emerging Conductor
The ACDA International Conductors Exchange Program Review Committee is charged with the selection of emerging leaders of the choral profession, who 1) have not previously had international conducting experience, and 2) reflect a high level of excellence as well as a wide diversity of interests. The ICEP Review Committee has developed the following list of criteria.
- Is a current member of ACDA;
- Is an active choral conductor in a professional (remunerative) position;
- Has completed at least a master’s degree;
- Has served in a volunteer or an elected position at the State, Regional, or National level of ACDA;
- Their choirs have demonstrated a level of choral excellence at least approaching the standard of choirs customarily heard at a State or Division ACDA conferences;
- Exhibits a high level of human understanding, tact, and cross-cultural sensitivity;
- Minimum of 5 years and a maximum of 20 years as full time in the profession.
- The candidates should reflect a wide diversity of interests and accomplishments (church, high school, community, elementary, et al.). The ICEP Review Committee will consider a diversity of conductors (e.g. not all from one setting, such as Higher Education).
- Supporting Documents: Statement of Purpose, Curriculum Vitae, Two Letters of Recommendation, and a YouTube video submission.