The ACDA Composition Initiatives Committee has developed new resources for you!
- A new ACDA Composer Resources webpage!
- Join the American Choral Composers Facebook group, the primary place for composers to network, discuss, crowd-source information, and hear news, announcements, and opportunities.
- The New Choral Music Facebook group is an invaluable place for composers to share scores, audio, or video with each other and with choral conductors looking for new music.
- “Composer” is now an “activity” option in your ACDA membership profile. If you are an ACDA member, please sign-in to your profile and select it as your primary or secondary activity type.
- We’re launching a #SingNewMusic campaign – read more below!
This past year, choral composers lost the musical experiences that affirm, encourage, and inspire, as well as a year’s worth of revenue normally generated by choirs purchasing, performing, and licensing our music. We recognize the importance of singing great music written in the past; but in this unique time, living choral composers and their publishers need unique support. As the light begins to dawn after our long choral darkness, #SingNewMusic!
Please share our campaign on your social media accounts (look on Facebook for a shareable post on the ACDA page or the American Choral Composers group, or on ACDA’s Twitter and Instagram feeds) and tag any upcoming or current performances with the hashtag!