First Congregational Church of Western Springs has a vacancy for a Bass staff singer.
Schedule: (Sept- May)
• Wednesday night rehearsal (7:30pm),
• Sunday morning, warm-ups and two services (8:15 am to appr. 11:30 am),
• Thanksgiving, Christmas, Maundy Thursday
• The Choir has about eight Sundays off through the season.
• Good sight reading skill is essential, as is an ability to model demonstrate good choral diction and pronunciation.
• Current section leaders are trained singers/choral educators.
• Section leaders perform as a quartet frequently.
• There are occasional solo opportunities.
• Section leaders occasionally lead breakout sectionals.
• We sing a variety of classical and popular repertiore.
• Section leaders must model appropriate behavior, and have a positive attitude during rehearsals
and worship services.
• Staff singers must give timely notice if they will be absent from a rehearsal or service.
If you are interested in more info, or an audition/interview, please contact Ray Klemchuk,