CHOIRS! Curriculum for Fall 2020 and Spring 2021.
* Support New Music
* This project is befitting of the time we live in – a strong message relating to anti-racism from a hundred years ago
* Zoom INFORMATIONAL MEETING this Saturday 7/25 (Registration below)
* Open to choirs of all voicings.
* 5 songs, 4 minutes each (program one, several, or all five songs)
* Reduced participation fee to adapt to compromised budgets (please help spread the word, if you can!)
* Limited to first 50 choirs (20% openings currently reserved or filled)
I am organizing a commissioning consortium around the photography of Hugh Mangum. The song is titled “Where We Find Ourselves” and it works quite well topically for many reasons, the least of which is that it draws us closer together.
Season One (Fall, 2020): Online video discussion groups on 10 various topics around the commission.
Season Two (Spring, 2021): Rehearsal tracks delivered in January for participating choirs’ performances.
I have a Zoom informational meeting set up for this Saturday, 7/21 at 2:00pm Eastern.
Registration Link for Zoom info meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZElde-orTosHdc5xTLz5zxrCNAPQwJKi1Sj
Here is more information about the consortium: https://www.mbqstudio.com/where-we-find-ourselves/
Join Right Now: https://consortio.io/mbqstudio/pandemic-proof-choral-projects-where-we-find-ourselves