#58: Friday, February 7, 2020
“Fierce, Feisty, and Fast: Engaging and Energetic Repertoire for Women’s Treble Choirs”
(OMEA Conference Materials)
At the end of January, I was a guest presenter at the Ohio Music Educators Association conference, in Cincinnati. In this blog post, you’ll find the links to my presentation handouts and notes. Enjoy!
The handout for my session included a number of resources:
• Notes on the process of searching for repertoire
• Repertoire List I – Feisty, Fierce, Fast – 53 titles, with brief notes on each
• Repertoire List II – 27 additional selections to consider – with brief notes on each
• Repertoire List III – 57 more selections to consider – with only titles, no notes
• Current list of ACDA ChoralNet Repertoire blogs, by the presenter
• Detailed Notes on 3 Reading Session selections
Rep List II and III are primarily material from my ACDA conference presentation in 2019 (which was also posted here), while Rep List I was put together newly for this session.
The three reading sessions selections were:
–The Road Not Taken (Michael Bussewitz-Quarm, MBQ Studios)
–She Tore A Map (Timothy Takach, Graphite Publishing)
–The Bike Let Loose (Edie Hill, Hummingbird Press)
The first two selections, by Michael and Tim, have already been the subject of past blog posts. Edie’s work will be the focus of March’s blog. Additionally, the OMEA handout includes a cover page for each of the three, with checklists about included skills, terms, rhythms, solfege, compositional styles, and other pedagogical notes. For copyright purposes, I am not posting the sheet music here from the three reading sessions selections, but I encourage you to visit each composer’s online presence for scores and recordings.
Blank “Checklist” Cover page (Word)
Until next time!
Dr. Shelbie Wahl-Fouts is associate professor of music, Director of Choral Activities, and music department chair at Hollins University, a women’s college in Roanoke, Virginia.