- This topic has 1 voice and 0 replies.
- February 15, 2017 at 4:12 pm #534994Ryan GoesslParticipant
Just curious on everyone’s thoughts:
What is, in your opinion, the best microphones for mic’ing a choir (two categories)?
1. Overalll best, where money is not an issue.
2. Highest quality and best value for the money.March 9, 2017 at 2:12 pm #535312Christian BrownParticipant
Hello Ryan – I specialize in choral recordings and sound reinforcement and have worked with groups like the Concordia Choir, ACDA Honors Choir, Virginia Opera, Washington Master Chorale, and others. The best microphones for you will depend on what sound you want, what space you perform in, where you can place your microphones, what your ensemble is like, and what your rep is like. Oh, and of course what you need/want for recording may be entirely different than what you need for sound reinforcement. (And none of it will matter if you don’t have a lover of choral music mixing your sound!)
Are you looking to record? To amplify?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.