New York Choral Society 2019-20 Auditions
NYCHORAL (New York Choral Society) invites you to join our friendly and talented group of singers, led by music director David Hayes. Auditions for all voice parts will be held August 26 & 28 and September 3, 4 & 5, 2019.
The 150-voice NYCHORAL has been widely recognized for its outstanding performances in prestigious venues around the world for over 60 years. We are looking for experienced choral singers with good musical skills, reading ability and the desire to be moved, inspired and challenged!
We hope you’ll join us for our exciting 2019-2020 season: “A Journey of Discovery” featuring three centuries of great choral masterpieces –
• October 27, 2019: Richard Tucker Music Foundation Gala at Carnegie Hall, with Richard Tucker Award winner soprano Lisette Oropesa (Guest Performance);
• November 15, 2019: Maestro Hayes conducts NYCHORAL, the orchestra and soloists in a well-loved choral masterwork and an East Coast premiere at St. Bartholomew’s Church in midtown: Joannes Brahms’s Ein deutsches Requiem and Frank Ticheli’s Until Forever Fades Away;
• A NYCHORAL Christmas on December 13 & 14, 2019 at Our Lady of Pompeii (Greenwich Village) features Pinkham’s Christmas Cantata, Rutter’s Gloria, and music of Gjeilo and Biebl;
• December 18 & 19, 2019: performances at Madison Square Garden with tenor Andrea Bocelli (Guest Performance);
• March 6, 2020: NYCHORAL returns to St. Bart’s to perform two 20th century masterpieces: Frank Martin’s a cappella Mass for Double Chorus and Zoltán Kodály’s Missa Brevis for chorus and organ;
• May 8, 2020: Randall Thompson’s Requiem at St. Ann & the Holy Trinity Church (Brooklyn). Maestro Hayes conducts this neglected masterpiece, in an arrangement for double chorus and double string orchestra (East Coast premiere).
Learn more about NYCHORAL auditions, membership and our upcoming season at www.nychoral.org. To request an audition or if you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (please include your voice part and musical background). We look forward to meeting you!