We have a few openings coming up in our ChoralNet blogging schedule beginning in June! Have you considered writing for this site?
Basic guidelines for blogging on ChoralNet include the following:
- Posts should generally be original to ChoralNet, not re-posts of blogs published elsewhere.
- Posts should be choral or singing related.
- Posts should be of an educational nature, focusing on sharing a perspective, choral repertoire, or another area of choral interest.
- Posts should not be sales focused or self-promotional in nature. We do not offer sponsored posts.
- Priority is given to current ACDA members.
Though we are open to all blogs that fit the above guidelines, we are especially interested in new voices and perspectives, as well as popular areas of focus such as repertoire, choral education tips and experiences, and so on.
We will also consider podcasts. Though we may add a permanent feature in ChoralNet in a few months better designed for podcasts (the site is currently designed for the written word), for now podcasters must prepare a written summary of their audio/video program to be posted with a link to their podcast. Podcasts must follow the same guidelines (mentions of donations, or Patreon or similar sites not allowed in the text), though podcasts can be published elsewhere. See this podcast post for a good example.
We have opportunities for one-a-month blogging, or a one-time post. Are you interested? Please send along a potential post of approximately 750-1,000 words to . If you are interested in a monthly blog, please send one or two potential posts, as well as a summary of the focus or mission you would be interested in pursuing over time.