* Support New Music by Joining Commissioning Consortium
* Learn about the composer, the lyricist, the photographers (curators & authors), as well as the photographer whose works we are basing “Where We Find Ourselves” on.
* Discuss the context in which the photography was taken, and discuss the context in which I am writing the commissioned piece. Historical context and how we relate to Hugh and the society he found himself in is what this project is all about.
* Zoom INFORMATIONAL MEETING, Sunday, 8/23, 7:00pm Eastern
* Open to choirs of all voicings.
* 10 videos in the fall (8 pre-recorded 15 mt. length, plus 2 live videos with the team behind the commission).
* Commissioned piece delivered in January.
* All choirs listed in the opening pages as Commissioning Choirs.
* 5 songs, 4 minutes each (program one, several, or all five songs)
* Reduced participation fee to adapt to compromised budgets (please help spread the word, if you can!)
* Limited to first 50 choirs (20% openings currently reserved or filled). First 30 choirs receive 8 pre-recorded sessions + 2 live sessions. Additional choirs receive 9 pre-recorded sessions +1 live session.)
* Team includes: Margaret Sartor, Alex Harris, photographers, curators, authors; Dr. Sherry Boyd, Humanities Professor, North Lake College; Chantal Sellers, author and lyricist, Michael Bussewitz-Quarm, composer; with Tina Sayers, Mapleseed Creative Consulting, LLC.
* BONUS Videos, including how the composer connects her gender transition to the theme of “Finding our own way” “Subverting the narrative”, and “Hair”.
I am organizing a commissioning consortium around the photography of Hugh Mangum. The song is titled “Where We Find Ourselves” and it works quite well topically for many reasons, including that it draws us closer together.
Season One (Fall, 2020): Online video discussion groups on 10 various topics around the commission.
Season Two (Spring, 2021): Rehearsal tracks delivered in January for participating choirs’ performances.
There is a Zoom informational meeting set up for this Sunday, 8/23 at 7:00pm Eastern.
Here is more information about the consortium: https://www.mbqstudio.com/where-we-find-ourselves/
Join Right Now: https://consortio.io/mbqstudio/pandemic-proof-choral-projects-where-we-find-ourselves