CHOIRS! Curriculum for Fall 2020 and Spring 2021.
* Support New Music
* This project is befitting of the time we live in – a strong message relating to anti-racism from a hundred years ago
* Zoom INFORMATIONAL MEETING Monday 8/3 at 8:00pm Eastern
* Open to choirs of all voicings.
* 5 songs, 4 minutes each (program one, several, or all five songs)
* Reduced participation fee to adapt to compromised budgets (please help spread the word, if you can!)
* Limited to first 50 choirs (20% openings currently reserved or filled)
* Team includes: Margaret Sartor, Alex Harris, photographers, curators, authors; Dr. Sherry Boyd, Humanities Professor, North Lake College; Chantal Sellers, author and lyricist, Michael Bussewitz-Quarm, composer; with Tina Sayers, Mapleseed Creative Consulting, LLC.
“Finding Cornelia’s portrait and connecting the arc of her life to the life of Hugh Mangum reminded me that each portrait he made also represented a point of divergence— a reflection of the way each subject strived daily to create or find their own zone of freedom, individuality, and self-respect.” – Margaret Sartor (photographer, curator, author)
I am organizing a commissioning consortium around the photography of Hugh Mangum. The song is titled “Where We Find Ourselves” and it works quite well topically for many reasons, including that it draws us closer together.
Season One (Fall, 2020): Online video discussion groups on 10 various topics around the commission.
Season Two (Spring, 2021): Rehearsal tracks delivered in January for participating choirs’ performances.
I have a Zoom informational meeting set up for this Monday, 8/3 at 8:00pm Eastern.
Registration Link for Zoom info meeting:
Here is more information about the consortium: https://www.mbqstudio.com/where-we-find-ourselves/
Join Right Now: https://consortio.io/mbqstudio/pandemic-proof-choral-projects-where-we-find-ourselves