A Wild Event for Chicago Area Singers
How long does it take to prepare a masterpiece? One afternoon—if you do it right.
Elmhurst Choral Union invites music fans to join them for Microwave Masterpieces on Sunday, August 25 at Immanuel Lutheran Church of Elmhurst, 142 E. Third Street.
Interested singers with a sense of adventure can join Elmhurst Choral Union at 1:00 to learn sacred choruses by Beethoven, Handel, Haydn, Mendelssohn, and Brahms in a single afternoon rehearsal, then perform them.
Non-singers with a sense of curiosity can come for the 4:00 performance and meet the singers afterwards.
Can conductor Scott Uddenberg beat the clock to prepare the work in less than 3 hours?
Admission is $5 for audience, and $20 for singers, who can purchase music scores at the door. Tickets or registration are through elmhurstchoralunion.org, 800-838-3006, or at the door.
Because singers want to know, here’s the planned playlist:
– Hallelujah Chorus, Handel, Messiah
– Hallelujah, Beethoven, The Mount Of Olives
– Hallelujah, Amen, Handel, Judas Maccabaeus
– He Watching Over Israel, Mendelssohn, Elijah
– The Heavens Are Telling, Haydn, The Creation
– How Lovely is they Dwelling Place, Brahms, A German Requiem
– How Lovely are the Messengers, Mendelssohn, St. Paul
– Alleluia, Thompson
– Battle Hymn of the Republic, arr. Wilhousky
– Elijah Rock, Hairston
Elmhurst Choral Union is an outstanding volunteer chorus, performing classical masterworks and great choral music