2014 Pan-Orthodox Liturgical Music Symposium
Event Date: June 12, 2014-June 15, 2014
Posted: April 11, 2014
Location: Kentucky, USA
Announcing the 2014 Pan-Orthodox Liturgical Music Symposium
"Orthodox Liturgical Music Composition: Fostering a Living Creative Tradition in the English-Speaking World"
June 12-15, 2014
Northern Kentucky University
Highland Heights, KY (Greater Cincinnati Region)
The 2014 Pan-Orthodox Liturgical Music Symposium is a four-day event specifically dedicated to singers, conductors, and composers of all Orthodox traditions. The symposium will encourage and explore the current state of Orthodox choral composition in the English-speaking world today. The event will include opportunities for participants to sing new Orthodox choral music, to participate in discussions, to hear presentations, and to attend a very special concert featuring newly-composed Orthodox choral works performed by the East/West Festival Choir under the direction of Peter Jermihov.
At this symposium, you will be able to:
• Sing new or recently-composed works by Glagolev, Zes, Resanovic, Lucs, Sander, Monk Martin, Hrebenko, Ryabchenko, Toensing, Karam, Zakkak, Gan, and many others.
• Hear presentations by some of today's most active composers and scholars in the field of Orthodox music.
• Attend a concert of new Orthodox music by the East/West Festival Choir under the direction of Peter Jermihov.
• Meet new friends and enjoy great conversation.
• Sing in the choir at the newly-constructed church of St. George in the Divine services featuring chant and choral music composed in the past 20 years and specifically written for the in the English language .
Special guest speakers, conductors, singers include:
Fr. Sergei Glagolev (composer)
Tikey Zes (composer)
Irene Riazanova (conductor)
Peter Jermihov (conductor)
Vladimir Morosan (musicologist, conductor)
John Michael Boyer (chanter)
Nicolas Schidlovsky (musicologist)
Richard Barrett (chanter)
Kurt Sander (composer)
Register today by visiting our website at: