The mission of the ACDA is to inspire excellence in choral music through education, performance, composition, and advocacy.
4th World Choir Festival on Musicals, 25-27th April, 2014 Thessaloniki - GREECE
Event Date: November 10, 2013
Posted: November 10, 2013
4th WORLD CHOIR FESTIVAL ON MUSICALS
25-27th April, 2014.
Organization Choir ”KORAIS”
The “KORAIS” Choir has the honor to invite you to Thessaloniki, in order to participate to the 4th World Choir Festival on Musicals, in April 2014.
If you wish to participate in a celebration with the best Musicals melodies of the international theatre and cinema, join us in Thessaloniki, from 25 till 27 of April 2014, in a festival dedicated to Peace, Friendship, Collaboration, Brotherhood and Solidarity of people.
- The Festival does not have a competitive character and it is addressed to all types of choirs and vocal ensembles all over the world.
- Each choir is invited to interpret 5 songs, at least 3 from Musicals while the remaining 2 of free choice, preferably songs from pop music, jazz or from film soundtracks.
- In the 2014 Festival, the program of the first day will be open, allowing the participation to Choirs that do not include Musicals in their repertoire.
- The choirs may accompany their program with dancing performances and choreographies.
- During the 4th World Choir Festival on Musicals, there will be for the first time the opportunity for Dancing Schools or Dancing Groups to participate with choreographies related with international Musicals.
- The accommodation of the choirs will be at 3*, 4* and 5* hotels with a very attractive cost. Staying in Thessaloniki, a city with historical presence more than 2300 years, displays a special archeological and cultural interest. In this way, choirs can combine their participation in the Festival with the visit to the historical monuments of the city and daily trips in the surrounding area. ( You can see the sightseeing here ).
- The choirs that wish to participate in a second concert will meet on Saturday the 26th of April, at 11.30 am at the Roman Agora (Roman Forum), situated at the center of Thessaloniki, where a short festival Opening Ceremony will be held. The choirs will perform two songs of their own choice and an extra song that will be performed in a joint appearance by all participating choirs.
- On Monday the 28th of April, an optional sightseeing tour in Mount Olympus, Litochoro, Prionia, ancient city and theatre of Dion and also in the park of olympian gods, will be organized for the choirs that will remain in Thessaloniki.
For further information, details and conditions to participate, please visit our website: www.xorodiakorais.com
The Organization Committee will be glad to offer you any further information.
The 4th World Choir Festival on Musicals awaits your participation in the Musicals’ International Celebration.
For the Choir “KORAIS”
Stratos Tsichlas, Jasenka Ostoji?
President of the Organizing Committee Artistic Director
53 Alkminis Str. 542 49
Tel.& Fax : 0030 2310 309900
- Normally announcements aren't meant to be replied to, but if you need to contact the author, click on the icon next to the author's name above.