SSA or SSAA: Romantic-period works
My greatest gratitude to all who replied about 19 th century Romantic choir
work for female choir. Here is the compilation. Also I can comment a little
bit about works, which our choir has already sung.
Johannes Brahms "Ave Maria" - it is very beautiful. Unfortunately it is not a
cappella, so it doesn't fit for a contest.
Verdi "Laudi Alla vergine Maria" - it is perfect in every aspect.
Gustav Holst "Ave Maria" - I would recommend it to every female choir. It is
really fantastic. The dialogue between 2 SSAA choirs is really breathtaking.
1. Debussy Salut, Printemps
2. Vier Gesange of Johannes Brahms (Op. 17) with 2 horns and harp
3. Johannes Brahms Ave Maria with organ or wind ensemble
4. Johannes Brahms O Bone Jesu
5. Johannes Brahms' "Vier Lieder aus dem Jungbrunnen" (Op. 44, Nr. 7-10)
6. Gustav Holst Ave Maria
7. Schubert's setting of the 23rd Psalm
8. Standchen by Schubert (with mezzo-soprano solo)
9. Schubert The Lord is My Shepherd, SSAA with piano accompaniment
10. Schubert Gott in der Natur
11. Arthur Honegger's Cantique de Pacques for SSSAAA, SSA soli, & organ
12. Josef Rheinberger motets, Ave Vivens Hostia SSA
13. Mendelssohn's "Laudate pueri"
14. Clara Schumann, Lili Boulanger and Funny Mendelssohn choral works for
15. Carl Orff Song of the Sun
16. Henk Badings, "Het lied van Isabella."
17. Verdi "Laudi Alla Vergine Maria" from his "Quattro Pezzi Sacri"
With greetings -
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from Internet Club at http://www.mail.lv/