The mission of the ACDA is to inspire excellence in choral music through education, performance, composition, and advocacy.
Soprano and Tenor section leader
Date: August 28, 2014
Dallas-Ft Worth, Texas
Job Posting: Schola Cantorum, choral section leaders
Soprano and Tenor sought immediately
Position is for the 2014-2015 year, with summers and a winter break off.
Compensation will be $50/call. Contract requires attendance at the regularly scheduled Wednesday rehearsal and weekend Mass service. There is extra pay for additional calls (i.e. Christmas Eve, additional rehearsals, special services, cantor/soloist opportunities).
Interested applicants should email a one page resume and, if available, an audio or youtube-type clip to: email@example.com
. In your email, please include your voice type.
- Strong singer with versatility (repertoire includes early music, classical music and contemporary Christian literature).
- Ability to sing music with one person per voice part.
- Confident music reader.
- Knowledge and experience with the Catholic mass is preferred.
- One prepared aria or song, sacred oratorio or spiritual is preferred.
- Sight reading your vocal line from a choral score (Music will most likely be a motet in the style of William Byrd or Thomas Tallis).
- Attendance at all regular rehearsals (Wednesdays 7:00-8:30) and weekend Masses (Sundays at noon, call at 11:15). On the 1st and 3rd Sunday of each month, singer is required to sing with the parish choir at 10:00, call at 9:30.
- Attendance at special rehearsals, concerts and holy days. There is extra pay for these calls. (Due to Winter Break, participation in Christmas services are a plus, but not mandatory.)
- Holy Week (Palm Sunday through Easter) are mandatory. The Schola sings Masses on Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Vigil (Saturday evening), and Easter Sunday.
In addition, the Section Leader is responsible for the following:
- 24-hour notice for any expected absence.
- Early arrival for all rehearsals.
- Appropriate dress for church services. The choir does not wear robes.