The mission of the ACDA is to inspire excellence in choral music through education, performance, composition, and advocacy.
Tenor or Bass Choral Scholar
Date: August 8, 2014
Calvin Presbyterian Church in Long Lake is currently seeking applicants for a tenor or bass choral scholar. Calvin is a small church located in beautiful Long Lake -- less than 20 minutes from Minneapolis! The position would be perfect for any undergraduate who is looking to gain extra experience as a singer, conductor, and worship leader while making some extra cash during the school year.
Description: Choral Scholar
Purpose: To provide an educational experience and financial support for students studying vocal music education and to support the choral program at Calvin Presbyterian Church.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Undergraduate student studying vocal music education
- Excellent leadership skills and a willingness to help others
- Strong musicianship
- Experienced and confident choral singer
- Basic conducting experience (not required)
- Children's Music and/or Handbell experience (not required)
- Attend Wednesday night rehearsals (7-8:30pm) and Sunday morning worship services (10am)
- Perform at special services (Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, and Easter. Christmas Day not required.)
- Expectation to learn music prior to rehearsals to provide good leadership for singers
- Participate in at least one musical function for worship outside of the chancel choir (eg. leading the Children's Choir, participating in the Handbell Choir, or performing a solo)
- If desired, each candidate will have the opportunity to rehearse and conduct one anthem of their choosing.
- $960 distributed monthly over four months, September-December ($240/mo.)
- A gas card will be provided for transportation
- Choral scholars are allowed up to three absences per semester (1 Sunday and 2 rehearsals) as approved by the music director
Interested candidates should submit a resume and references (no cover letter required) to the Director of Music, Samuel Grace, at firstname.lastname@example.org