The mission of the ACDA is to inspire excellence in choral music through education, performance, composition, and advocacy.
Choral Music Instructor
Date: June 18, 2014
San Antonio, Texas
The Atonement Academy seeks a qualified individual to fill a part-time position as Choral Music Instructor. As the parish school of Our Lady of the Atonement Catholic Church, the academy provides students with a challenging course of classical and Catholic education and includes a comprehensive choral music program as part of its core curriculum. Depending upon the candidate’s qualifications, this position may be combined with the position of Assistant Organist and Choirmaster at the church to create a full-time position. A complete job description is available upon request.
Requirements for the position include:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Music Education or related field
• High level of proficiency in vocal pedagogy as it pertains to children’s and young adult voices, as well as superior skills in choral conducting .
• Training and experience in Kodaly, Ward, Royal School of Church Music or similar method of music education.
• Experience working with children and a desire to instill in them an appreciation for great choral music, particularly music of the Church.
• Knowledge of Gregorian chant, Anglican chant, hymnody and sacred choral repertoire appropriate for treble and mixed voices.
• Ability to work collaboratively with the other members of the academy music faculty to execute the vision as articulated by the Pastor, administrative team and Director of Music.
• Practicing Catholic, faithful to the Magisterium.
For more information please contact:
Edmund G. Murray
Director of Music
Our Lady of the Atonement Church
The Atonement Academy
15415 Red Robin Rd.
San Antonio, TX 78255