The mission of the ACDA is to inspire excellence in choral music through education, performance, composition, and advocacy.
Eastern CT Symphony Chorus Rehearsal Accompanist
Date: February 18, 2014
The Eastern Connecticut Symphony Chorus is seeking a rehearsal accompanist beginning in September of 2014. The accompanist is contracted for a weekly rehearsal and one concert per year. Salary is commensurate with experience.
The ECSC Rehearsal Accompanist shall:
- Accompany the Eastern Connecticut Symphony Chorus.
- Be primarily responsible to the ECSC Board of Directors and Chorus Director.
- Provide a three (3) week notice to the ECSC Chorus Director and ECSC President of expected absences.
- Ensure a substitute accompanist has been engaged when necessary.
- Collaborate with the ECSC Chorus Director with regard to the rehearsal plan or any other rehearsal-based issues.
- Perform other duties as deemed appropriate by the ECSC Board of Directors to ensure the smooth operation of the Eastern Connecticut Symphony Chorus.
- Strong technical and artistic abilities.
- High level of responsibility and professionalism.
- Excellent open-score sight-reading skills.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Piano Performance or an equivalent degree program.
- At least five years as a choral accompanist.
- Choral conducting experience.
- Basic understanding of the voice and choral techniques.
Send Resume/CV, a sample of rehearsal or performance, and list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 20th, 2014. At least one reference must be a conductor with whom you have held an accompanist position. Please include both a phone number and email address for references. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an audition by March 27th, 2014.